Sorry that I’m NOT sorry guys but, I’m DYING over BAD GIRL RHI RHI’s saucy feature for Complex Mag. Doesn’t this scream BOTB all over?! Unapologetic Rihanna seriously lives up to her name..which is why I love her so much! Now about those “DIAMONDS” tour tickets that I NEED…maybe for a bday present?!? lol jk..not really…
When it comes to fashion, I love textures and details that are different like cool zippers, innovative silhouettes, and crazy colors. My infatuation to “different” fashion draws me to this new holographic/ iridescent trend. Whenever I come across this trend, I can’t help but think about Startrek, aliens, and ZENON girl of the 21st century *ZETUS LAPETUS* (lol, I loved that movie actually). I know, it’s a bit “out of this world” but, us girls at Hellz are drawn to things that aren’t the norm!
Pre-Fall 2013 is currently going on and I’m sort of OBSESSED & very IMPRESSED by a lot of the collections I’ve seen so far. It’s an exciting experience being able to distinguish trends and look at amazing designs for next season. Here are some of my favorite collections so far…stay tuned next week for my ROUND II of favorites from Pre-Fall 2013!
1. Chanel!You can never go wrong with Chanel, Lagerfield is a guiness designer and has done great things to this fashion house! With this collection, Karl was inspired by Coco Chanel’s trip to Scotland when she spent some time there with her lover, the Duke of Westminster. Plaid, knits, layers, fab embellishments, and a “hint” of romance..def “KILT” IT!
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim! Honestly, It was really hard picking my 3 faves! I loved the whole collection! A mix of street and high end + leopard print, leather, and innovative details. Purrrrfect.
3. Band of Outsider! Love the simplicity in this collection. Kinda really want NEED that varsity jacket + their new “Boy” logo t-shirts!
4. Moschino Cheap & Cheap! What really got me loving this collection were the shoes! Damn, look at those oxfords! way cuteee. It’s a mix of punk and femme…my type of collection!
5. Proenza Schouler! What can I say? I’ve always loved Proenza Schouler. Adding a moto jacket to any ensemble makes it look 10x better!
You’ve seen this print used in high fashion from the likes of Givenchy and Jil Sander, and you’ve also seen it used in streetwear like from our boys at GPPR. This week, I’m totally CRAZY about paisley; you know, the print that is all over most of your dad’s dress socks and ties (well at least, my dad lol). But i mean, most of my fashion inspirations are from menswear. Which is why I’m LOVING this print because it’s a bit masculine but, can be worn in a HELLZA sexy way!
For all of you who find yourself doing one DIY after the other, this is one we promise you’ll obsess over! MissLawn’s good friend Kerin Rose, designer of A-Morir who’s seen worn by celebrities such as, Rihanna, Amber Rose, Kid Sister and even our girl Dev, featured a DIY tutorial on Refinery29 of embellishing a pair of plain-Jane kitty frames. WHAT!Talk about a legit tutorial…thee Kerin Rose teaches you how to design your own sunglasses! They may not look exactly like her A-Morir originals (bedazzled in jewels, lace, spikes, chains and more), but they’re close enough and just as dope!
Get a hold of those old pair of frames you used to love wearing or what the hellz, you could even buy inexpensive ones from those kiosks at the mall (3 for $20…HOLLA!) Now all you’re missing are your jewels and some glue, and you’re good to go! So sit back and take some notes, and when you’re ready to rock them out…you better WERK!