Nom Nomz Tuesday
Sausage stuffed eggplants.
Yes, I said sausage stuffed eggplants. I’m not really a fan of eggplants, especially when they’re cooked all slimy and what not. I’m a big texture girl (which is why I also don’t eat okra) but this recipe has me wanting more.
Peep the recipe after the jump!
You will need:
- 4 eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound of sausage, your choice of sausage, but I recommend one with a bit of heat, YUM – casings removed
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant, chop, and set aside.
- Season the empty shells with salt and pepper, and coat with some olive oil; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Put in the sausage and garlic, and saute until sausage is evenly brown.
- Mix in the chopped eggplant.
- Season with parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the mixture into the eggplant shells and place them in a baking sheet filled with 1/4 inch water.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
EAT ON LOVELIES! EAT ON! Thank you Kate!